Sunday, November 24, 2013

Song Remains The Same !!!

Hi People !!! Do you believe in destiny? The other day, I heard someone discussing that everything in life is written, everything is destined, even the fact that I am typing this post right now is pre-planned.... we are mere puppets who are executing the plan written by almighty himself. Giving this point a deep thought, when I reflect back, try to connect the dots... it always takes me to the moments when I had multiple choices ahead of me, had time to decide which one shall I pick to move forward. It was my free will to choose. I always wonder did I pick the right one, what other options would have lead me to. I create stories through my imagination that could have been reality had I gone with another choice. It tells me my life could have been different, good or worse - no one can imagine it till the end. As it was my free will to choose, it tells me I always had the choice to write my own destiny. So, definitely its not all written.

But what about the stuff where we have no choices such as what family, era, time, town that we are born in? After all, we are shaped by our surroundings, they affect us, put an everlasting impression upon our soul. How much can we control them? We don't know what we are going to face when we step out of our house everyday, we don't know who are we going to meet on our new job, who will we meet in public transport. There are too many unknowns. So, one can't create all of his/her destiny.

Seems like either sides of the argument are not true.

What could be true is we all have "Pulp Destiny"... While some of it is written - solid as rock, rest of it can be created, manipulated or spoiled. My thoughts are - Almighty may set us on a path, but it is our deeds that determine our journey and final destination.

P.S. "Song Remains The Same !!!" is a title inspired from Supernatural - an American TV drama, in which characters try their best to avoid a situation, but devil tells them it is their destiny and they cannot avoid it irrespective of the path they take. I say, given a fair chance to manipulate their destiny, no one shall complain that "Song Remains The Same !!!"

1 comment:

  1. satyavachan! :-) How come you became so philosophical these days ;-)

    ReplyDelete